Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What My 11 Years Old Taught Me About Business Startegy

My 11 years old wanted a Facebook. I was dead set against it as I could see all the issues surrounding privacy and exposing my daughter to danger and told her maybe when she was older. To my surprise, she didn't react and simply asked to use the laptop. A few hopurs later, she returned with a powerpoint presentation detailing why a Facebook account was safe and appropriate.

IT WAS FREAKIN AMAZING! She addressed and mitigated every concern I had and a few I hadn't thought of. I analyzed her presentation, after setting her facebook account, from a strategy perspective and noted the following:

She focused on her facebook vision
She recognized who the decision maker was, Dad (analysis)

She gained insight into dad and anticipated concerns (anlaysis)
She devised a means of getting and holding his attention long enough to get her point across (strategy)

She addressed known and anticipated concerns (analysis, strategy and execution)
She invited feedback and additional concerns that she might address (monitoring, re-strategizing)

She got her facebook account. Mom was her first friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment