Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Business Strategy Graphics


I devised this graphic to show how envision strategy from a VUCA perspective. As I've attempted to state before, I believe all strategy is evolutionary and a single framework, having evolved over time, can be utilized that ALL other approaches can be paired with. It's all the same thing at a certain level. One issue I'm having here is a crucial. A well respected strategist thinks the planning and strategy boxes should be switched. I see strategy as what we intend to do and planning and process the how.

The arrows indicate how this is an interrelated and iterative process of constant input, re-evaluation and responses.

The level of responsibility can be compared to a general on the hill down to the trenches with process. Perhaps monitoring should be a much taller box as it occurs at all levels.

For a paleo perspective, I see the same physical analogy of a cave dwelling ancestor scanning new terrain from a hill top and the process developing as he and his clan descend into their new territory.

I'd really appreciate some feedback here via comment or directly at george.j.constance@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment