Thursday, March 7, 2013

Exorcism, Zombies, & Entrepreneurial Books


I received a note from a teacher recently about my 9 years old’s performance. Apparently, she was doing really well in everything, but suddenly started slacking in writing. I sent a note back that read, 

“Yeah, she hasn’t been the same since the exorcism.” 

Perhaps this was immature. Perhaps it hinted at a lack of concern for my daughter. But,  fortunately for me, the teacher had a sense of humor and I did not  receive a visit from child services. It actually worked out quite well. The teacher had a sense of humor and we hit it off. My daughter may even get a bit more attention in class because of it. 

But even if this didn’t go so well and I did get that child services visit, I’d still do it again. Life is short and I want to associate with people who do not have sticks jammed so far up somewhere that you can’t interact with them like normal human beings are suppose to. 

So where’s all this going? Well, I’ve written a book about entrepreneurialism at the urging of a business research consultant down in New Orleans. She wanted to market my technology commercialization business and suggested an online form or tutorial might be beneficial. 

So I did. Rather proud of the work. It’s a short ebook, under 200 pages, that sequences entrepreneurial concepts from concept to launch. I use the sequence charts in it regularly to keep myself organized and on task. My clients love the overview and also the sequencing. 

The book is in three parts, discussion of concepts, student exam with answer key, and being the guy who jokes about exorcism, an application of concepts in a post zombie apocalyptic world. Yeah I know, I’m not being serious enough for some folks. But I’m not writing it for them. I’m writing for the business student who can’t stand the thought of suffering through yet another boring business book. The teacher who wants to engage students. And for entrepreneurs who have a life and personality that might give them a shot at success. 

Business can be fun. And if you’re not enjoying the process of building your business, quit and get a job. 

Feel free to comment, rant and ridicule below. I won't care.

You can get a copy of "Surviving

No comments:

Post a Comment