Thursday, May 3, 2012

SugarSync vs Amazon Cloud Drive - SugarSync Wins!

Look I'm a huge fan of Amazon.com and think they'll eventually rule the word. I love the MP3 service that allows me to buy, store on their cloud for free and play from any device anywhere. No need to register a device like iTunes required when Amazon MP3 launched. Having all my stuff; music, video and books in one place is also great. And now with Amazon Cloud Drive, I can have all my other stuff like documents available as well. I was eager to get started, but very disappointed. Syncing from the synced folder to my Amazon Cloud just didn't occur. I logged out and logged in repeatedly. Still no file. If I manually uploaded to the Cloud, it worked. I wonder of there's an option to select I'm missing. Any suggestions appreciated.

Meanwhile, I synced the same folder to SugarSync and it worked flawlessly. I also noted that there's a "Briefcase" folder on Sugarsync that will sync any folder dropped into it on every device I have synced to SugarSync. Now that's service. It's great for updating co-workers and for home use. No worries, no seat, multiple current backups at no cost.

But keep watching. Amazon is an amazing company. Expect to see updates from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment