Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Is MAC a Rotten Apple?

I recently upgraded from the Leopard to Lion operating system on my MacBook Pro. Now consider that I've been a huge apple fan for the past 7 years when I say, "What a miserable mistake that was"! Thanks to this new and unimpressive upgrade, my $500 suite of Adobe CS2 software no longer works. Yes, I paid about $40 to render $500 worth of software useless. AND I don't see the benefit of Lion over Leopard. When I called apple support, they were sympathetic and suggested there's a newer CS5 out there anyway. "But the CS2 was working just fine!", was my response. Then they tell me that I'll have to perform a complete reinstall of the operating system to reinstall the older Leopard version to regain functionality in the Adobe software. It gets better.

The same day I discover that my 3G iphone no longer syncs with my calendar, contacts or email as icloud doesn't work with iphone 3G. Again, apple support was sympathetic and suggested a $199 iphone upgrade would correct the issue.

Summary, for only $700 I can make my $40 upgrade work for me. OR, I could spend that $700 on a PC based laptop and go with google everything. That's tomorrow's post: "Is MAC Worth it Anymore?" where I'll discuss a total non-mac small business alternative that cost less and, for me, functions better.

No comments:

Post a Comment