Monday, November 12, 2012

Sequencing Entrepreneurial Efforts

If there's a process to entrepreneurialism, there should be a sequence. I'm attempting to depict this as a chart and have posted a draft below.

It hasn't been easy getting to this point. There are so many things to consider. And the usually argument I get in attempting this si that no one size fits all. Another argument against this is that the process is an interdependent and iterative one.

I agree, that there isn't a "one size fits all" process. But every entrepreneur lives and operates on a timeline. Our journals and datebooks are evidence of this. When planning a new venture, you have to decide where to start and what will come next.

My goal in sequencing the process is to graphically depict all the variables that must be considered in starting a new venture straight through to commercializing and beyond and show the relationship of each component. It's part of a larger work, a curriculum for entrepreneurialism.

The image here is my first attempt and I'd love to hear comments and suggestions for improving. I can send the MS Project or iTask file to anyone interested. I'd also love to see what others are doing.

Note:
The Chart is for new ventures from concept to commercialization 
The Chart does not represent duration of events, merely sequence
Many events listed may be ongoing and iterative
Click on Chart to enlarge
Detailed pdfs will be attached to each item in the chart

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment